Wednesday, January 6, 2010

6 Word Memoir Art Quilt challenge 2010



The Challenge calls for 8x8 inch white front,batting & backing/with 6 words on front...one a week.

I don't use much white or solids...so my first block has bright colors (left-0ver from a Bag I made for Mercy my daughter-in-law.) Yes, she Loves it!

My six words printed on my computer on white snowflakes... 4x6 postcard size..(yes we have lots of snow every day for days!!) I glued on three plastic snowflakes they don't show too well in photo.

The words came from Quiltart's word for 2010..

"Chocolate -Wisdom" I just liked the sound of it.

I "Believe" I will keep up with this challenge...I

"Hope" that I do "Create" something new every week. Yes, I am a "Packrat"...I save everything!


Except for the colors my block is kind of plain...I love the size..I did add 1/2 inch for 8 1/2x8 1/2

inch blocks and unfinished edges. My plan is to sew the blocks together once I'm finished with the challenge.... I "Believe" that's planning ahead with "Chocolate-Wisdom" from a"Packrat's"

stash with "Hope" to "Create all year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment